Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LASERJET PRO MFP M277DW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

We bought new set of HP 201A Toner and found only black is working, rest all are showing as catridge incompatible. We tried all the four toners on different printer and it is working without any problem. 

For testing purpose, we put all the old toners from first printer to the second printer and it is also not working except black. 

Both the printers are same model and the new toners are working only in one printer. 

Updated the firmware to latest version available.

Kindly help if you faced this issue earlier 

Thanks in advance

Manoj 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ManojAccra

Hi, 

as @the_Fossette is out of the office at the moment, I'm replying to you. I have read your post comprehensively and understand that initially, only the black toner was working and the other colors toner did not. Post troubleshooting, you swapped formatter board from a similar printer, it accepts all color toners except black. It is showing as protected black cartridge. 

I suggest you to perform a reset on the printer. I have sent you a private message with the steps to perform a reset.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. All the best! 🙂

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @ManojAccra

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting an error after replacing the toner on your printer.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2ovbX11

Also, refer to the below article to make sure that the toner is compatible with your printer.

http://hp.care/2ovn8Xj

Let me know how it works and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette, now we swapped formatter board from similar printer, it accepts all color toners except black. It is showing as protected black catride 

Kindly assist 

HP Recommended

@ManojAccra

Hi, 

as @the_Fossette is out of the office at the moment, I'm replying to you. I have read your post comprehensively and understand that initially, only the black toner was working and the other colors toner did not. Post troubleshooting, you swapped formatter board from a similar printer, it accepts all color toners except black. It is showing as protected black cartridge. 

I suggest you to perform a reset on the printer. I have sent you a private message with the steps to perform a reset.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks @Mkazi , it worked, thanks a lot 

HP Recommended

Hi @ManojAccra, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved.

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
@The_Fossette
duct Name: HP LASERJET PRO MFP M277DW
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi All,

We bought new set of HP 201A Toner and found only black is working, rest all are showing as catridge incompatible. We tried all the four toners on different printer and it is working without any problem.

For testing purpose, we put all the old toners from first printer to the second printer and it is also not working except black.

Both the printers are same model and the new toners are working only in one printer.

Updated the firmware to latest version available.

Kindly help if you faced this issue earlier

Thanks in advance
Jayaprakash
HP Recommended
I am getting the same fault. I have reset the printer but I still get the message that the cartridge is incompatible. I am using a genuine HP replacement cartridge.
HP Recommended

In reference to my previous post regarding Incompatible Cartridges, I tried to update firmware to the latest version. But it was already latest up to date and there were no online updates. 

The problem is not related to the cartridges are whether genuine or fake. I was using original cartridges which confirmed by HP website after scanning the stickers. 

Since I couldn't get solution from HP Support, I sent it to Redinton Qatar to find a solution. 

They change conveyor belt, it cost me QAR. 550/-, Printer was QAR. 700 something. (after replace the belt, I was able to use old cartrideges which were already supported with the product and also new cartridges which currently available in the market. But all of them were original/genuine cartrides after scanning their stickers. So HP should responsible since they dispatched Incompatilbe Cartridges to Doha as they have different cartridges based on different regions. 

It was very bad experience with HP products. HP should responsible for consumables after sales of thier product. Sometimes, they are using tricks to sell their new products by creating shortages of cartridges in the market for old products. 

This is our real experience with them in Qatar. No responsiblity. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.