Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Okay, i am still waiting for the secure/erase to finish again. Yesterday i tried secure/erase from boot device and the download from USB just showed 0%.  After maybe 10 minutes i powered off and started secure/erase again. Maybe thought i should try again and maybe trying format disk after secure/erase, but if you say i can try erase/unlock and then download i will give it a try after secure/erase process. Wich has been running for ca 22 hours now.....

This is NOT a hdd purchased from HP, but it should go anyway ? I have several used 2,5" disks from old computers.

I am working on a ship far out at sea and not possible to get spareparts for a long time. 

HP Recommended

Yes, you can use any SATA drive, you just lose encryption if you install a drive that is not an SED.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Found a brand new seagate portable usb drive 1tb i dismounted and tested in the laserjet. 

All disk tests sucsess, Then download from usb, and continiue it boots up with the HP logo but stops after 2 og 8 ? 

Showing 98.00.02 Error.............

Power off, then on i got back to 99.09.60 unsupported disk. 

When i go to manage disk, boot device - erase unlock , it just comes a quick flash

Also just flash with format disk, and partial clean. 

Started a Secure erase from boot device menu on the new disk, hopefully it will work. 

Tested the orginal disk, and the used disk i tried yesterday with SEATOOLS for windows, but non of them will pass the long test so probably to much damaged sectors.  I dont know why the new out of box  not will work.. Any of you experts know? 

HP Recommended

Same with the new disk after secure erase and downloaded firmware.. Unsupported disk....

HP Recommended

Try another disk format before uploading firmware on USB thumbdrive.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I just get a quick flash when i press disk format. i suppose this should take a few minutes ?

HP Recommended

The format is usually pretty fast as the device sets the required partitions when you download the firmware. Just to confirm, you are not trying to use an SSD drive are you? They are not supported.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

No, it is a seagate st1000lm035, S-ata

HP Recommended

In the download section, there was two firmware files. I have been trying with the Future smart bundle 4.1.1 all week. 

Tonight, i downloaded version 3.9.6, and printer is alive again at first attempt.  I dont know whats the problem with 4.1.1 version but now i am just happy that my printer is back online! Thanks for help and support!

HP Recommended

I have nov put the HDD`s i have tested to fix the printer back in the computers for installing windows again, but the disk are locked. Probably the security. I assume i will have to put them back in printer and erase disk 🤣

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.