Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP laser jet M452nw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
And it gets hot pretty easy. I'm printing artwork/graphics to postcards and it seems black or darker shades trigger this more than anything else but not all the time. Sometimes the spots are concentrated around horizontal lines. But the consistent thing is the heat.

Isn't this normal and shouldn't the printer know to slow down when this happens or something? It does this "cooling down" thing, as if it knows it needs to but it will still waste prints anyway. Or could I have a dud?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Thanks. I discovered it was just the paper type setting. I had it set for 220g where it works better with 175g better instead for some reason even tho my paper is probably closer to 220g. Anyway... This printer is great btw

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Let me try with some ideas.Remove the side covers and see if the fan is working,Run prints with the covers open and see if the problem is less occuring,Oil the fan bushes and try again.Should this not solve the overheating problem the fan might be faulty.Hope this helps.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
HP Recommended
Thanks. I discovered it was just the paper type setting. I had it set for 220g where it works better with 175g better instead for some reason even tho my paper is probably closer to 220g. Anyway... This printer is great btw
HP Recommended

I have a similar problem, although not necessarily (not at all) associated with heat. From new, this M452nw has been making horizontal parallel yellow dashed lines exactly 7/8in apart (they resemble Morse code) in the right one third of each page, top to bottom. That happens only when I print color (i.e. not when "B/W only is selected). In addition to that, there is a faint black short dash on the left third of the page, also repeated with the same distance.

I tried the cleaning run and also changing the default paper weight, to no avail.

Any ideas? Thanks. Z

HP Recommended

If possible please add a picture of the problem.This will add a lot of information to the technician to help solve your problem.I will look out for this post.

It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Here is a picture. The yellow lines are marked by a pen.

ZHPlines.jpg

HP Recommended

As soon as this picture is released by a moderator for viewing i will give a feedback what i think the problem might be.Hope this will help.

.Thank You.Copier-Pro

HP Recommended

I viewed the picture and would like to know the distance from one line to the next line.This way we can determine from what roller the problem arises.I look out for your reply.

.Thank You.Copier-Pro

HP Recommended

The distance of the lines is very close to 7/8 of an inch.

Z

HP Recommended

According to the spacing it seems like the developer roller is giving a problem

22.3 mm ( 0.87 in) Developer roller (one rotation) Appears in a single color plane

Hope this will help.

.Thank You.Copier-Pro

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.