Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Sorry, but it does not help at all. What woud be the solution to the problem? This is an almost a new printer and this has been happening from the start.  Anything I can try to fix it, any more diagnostics I can do? Or do I just return the printer?

Z

HP Recommended

If the machine is still under warranty i think it would be wise to return the machine for repairs.If it did not improve with all that we tried it might be wise to return the printer under warranty.This will just prevent future problems.Hope this helps.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
HP Recommended

Hi, despite the lack of help that I encountered here, I feel obligated to report that after a very helpful phone conversation and assistance from a dedicated HP service person, the problem  was traced to a faulty yellow cartridge, that had been supplied with the new printer. It was a genuine HP cartridge, but obviously defective. The HP support guy went beyond the scope of his duty (IMHO) and sent me a cartridge replacement that (1) fixed the issue and (2) prevented me from going thru the hassle of returning the printer, as suggested here.

I certainly hope my experience helps someone else in the future. I am including some tags for search purposes.

Zdenek

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.