Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Just unboxed a brand new laser printer and alrady I cant get it to print the test page. When it is asking to enter paper, I comfirm (after having tried different amounts of laser printer paper) and then I hear noise as if it is trying to pick up the paper but eventually it stops and asks again. I have checked the adjustment of the tray slides etc.

please can you help?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Make sure you load enought paper in Tray 2, Ensure the media is pushed in and then adjust the paper guide

You may click here to refer the TS steps.

Hope this helps you !

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted as Solution"

+++++Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post++++++

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue .

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

KIndly, check if you are able to clean the Pickup Rollers with Cotton(Slightly wet cotton, if possible). If you have other trays(tray 1 - manual, tray 2), check from them, if you are able to print any pages.

If you are still not able to print any pages, kindly contact HP Customer Care Support team.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Make sure you load enought paper in Tray 2, Ensure the media is pushed in and then adjust the paper guide

You may click here to refer the TS steps.

Hope this helps you !

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted as Solution"

+++++Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post++++++

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue .
HP Recommended
That worked! IT needs alot of paper to start picking it up.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.