Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M275nw

Hi all, getting the dreaded "Rear Door Open" messaage on my Laserjet Pro 200 m275nw and found that the pin on the white nylon latch has finally snapped and disappeared. I need to buy a new part but cannot find anyhwere that sells them, has anybody got any ideas?

I'd prefer to keep it in the UK as costs will be an issue, but accept I might have to shop overseas. Tried looking on Google but that's about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike! Photo attached to show the part, can't even find a part number...

part.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Have you tried the HP Parts Store? Sometimes a small part is only available as part of a larger assembly, such as a compete back door.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. Yes I tried them but as you say it’s going to be a complete assembly which I find infuriating considering the amount of plastic waste it’ll produce. A whole back door assembly for such an incredibly small part by comparison is ludicrous and I feel HP really should be more responsible for the waste they create.

if I can’t find one then I’ll have to see if I can bypass the infra red switch, I am not going to spend over £120 for a small part that would probably cost around a hundredth if that to produce.

HP Recommended

I've managed to get hold of a second hand m276n instead, works perfectly so will be using that, though it isn't wireless but that's no issue. I can use the other for spares now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.