cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
ColleenNY
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3

New printer, prints images when it feels like it

HP Recommended
M254dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought a HP M254dw printer. I do a lot of printing, sometimes using good size graphics. My problem is, sometimes it will print the graphics (images), sometimes it won’t, and it doesn’t matter if the graphic is big or small.

If there’s text on the page, it will usually print that but not the images, but not all the time....sometimes it just prints a blank page. 
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software so many times, thinking that was the problem, but I’m beginning to think it’s not. 
I run a graphics business and I’m running out of patience with this printer. I’ve also wasted so much ink and paper!!! 
I have it hooked up wirelessly if that mattes. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!! 

ColleenNY

2 REPLIES 2
Betty0610
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,941 23,883 1,323 1,265
Message 2 of 3
HP Recommended

@ColleenNY

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This only happen with printing images, correct? Try a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,851 1,568 1,678
Message 3 of 3
HP Recommended

@ColleenNY

Thanks for replying!

I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:

•    Go to Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.

•    When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.

•    Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.

Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation