Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

New router/modem (ISP), can't connect to old network. How to connect LaserJet Pro MFP277dw wireles?

HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I changed ISP from Cable broadband to ATT.  I am trying to connect my HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw printer to new network.  The printer is asking for the old network password (can't connect to) and says invalid password.  How do I reset printer or remove old network (wireless?)

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
26,057 25,820 2,262 8,336
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Messy2 

The printer is just stuck on the old setup.

Clear the current network setup on the printer and connect the printer to the new SSID / network.

The User Manual explains how to connect / change / update the network setup for the printer. 

HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277 - User Guide

Read

Chapter 8 - Manage the Product > subtopic:  Configure IP network settings - Starting on Page 87

AND

More information is available in

Chapter 9 - Solve problems > subtopic(s) Solve wireless network problems - starring on Page 134

Printer on the network

Use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) to view / configure your printer

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Help for EWS - User Guide - Page 82

Reference and Resources – Places to find help, solve problems, and learn how to use your Printer

Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

➡️  Categories:  HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the directions, they were very clear.  I tried to place the ip addresss in web browsers and it would not let me go to another web page.  I tried several solutions for about 3 days.  I finally solved my problem.  Since my old network was no longer operating and I did not know how to by pass my new att router.  I removed the printer from my computer.  After finding a factory reset you tube video, I reset my HP MFP M277dw printer by doing the following steps.

1. Power printer down.

2. Power up printer

3. Wait until the Energy logo displays on printer screen, then press and hold lower right hand portion of display.

4. Release when "Permanent storage init" message appears

5.  Add printer back on computer.

Thank you for all your help.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation