Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laser 400 401 dne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

--copied from german hp support  forum:---

Hi,

acquired a HP Laserjet 400 401dne to be be attached via network.

Network router is a Telekom Speedport 921, also used as DHCP and DNS.

Printer is attached to the network, receives a IP address, can be configured via web browser.

Have done several attempts to install printer driver on my client, always got the error message "product not found in the network"; installtion failed with automatic mode and also with manual entering IP address.

What have I done:

1. printer driver on client installed, access via usb; works -> driver installation ok!

2. printer driver on client installed, access via network error message "Produkt wurde im Netzwerk nicht gefunden" (product not found in the network)

3. Windows firewall on Client deactivates -> error as above

4. Firmwareupdate on driver: now version 20180318 -> error as above

5. using another client with WIndows 7 64bit - > error as above

don´t now how to proceed, any good ideas?

best regards 

Andy

___original post from german speaking hp support forum______

Hallo,

habe einen HP Laserjet 400 401 dne übernommen und versuche diesen via Netzwerk zu nutzen.

Netzwerkrouter ist ein speedport 921 welcher auch als DHCP und DNS genutzt wird.

Drucker angeschlossen, bezieht passende IP Adresse von Speedport, kann via Browser erreicht und bedient werden.

Es gelingt nicht  den Drucker via NIC anzusprechen bzw. den Druckertreiber zu installieren, Fehlermeldung "Produkt wurde im Netzwerk nicht gefunden". Gleiche Fehlermeldung auch bei  direkter Eingabe der IP Adresse usw.

Bisher unternommen:

1. Druckertreiber auf Client installiert, Anschluß via usb; Druckt einwandfrei -> Treiber installation geklappt!

2. Druckertreiber auf Client installiert, Anschluß via Netzwerk Fehlermeldung "Produkt wurde im Netzwerk nicht gefunden"

3. Windows Firewall auf Client deaktiviert  -> Fehler unverändert

4. Firmwareupdate auf Drucker: jetzt 20180318 -> Fehler unverändert

5. Client getauscht, jetzt WIndows 7 64bit - > Fehler unverändert

bin jetzt ratlos und hoffe auf ein Tipp,

viele Grüße

Andy

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I will try not to be repetitive, but I want to ensure you have tried the following. Are you able to ping the printer from the computer you are trying to install to? If yes, then proceed to perform a manual install. First, download the HP Universal Print driver from support.hp.com. Double click the downloaded file, this will extract the drivers and copy them to a folder on the root of your "c" drive. After unpacking the software will prompt that it wants to install, click cancel and the program will exit. Next, go to devices and printers on your PC.  Click add printer and select "local printer". Click add new port and create a new standard TCP/IP port using the IP address of the printer. When prompted for drivers, say have disk and navigate to the folder that the UPD driver was extracted to. Install the driver and test. This is the most reliable way to get printers working on Windows 7, 8 and 10 when connecting to a network. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.