Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 6958
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello,

My very new HP Officejet 6958 is only printing very light grey when trying to print black. I have replaced the cartridges, reset the printer, cleaned the printer heads, etc. The color cartridges are printing just fine, but the black won't print dark enough to be able to read. It's a genuine HP cartridge. I've already followed a bunch of other suggestions on a forum and nothing has worked. Please help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@snowbunnie5, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, I'd like to know the following-

Do you have the same issue with making a photocopy?

Also, share a picture of the Print Quality Diagnostic Page for further isolation of the issue. Here is how to print one-

1. Load plain white paper in the input tray.

2. From the home screen on the printer control panel, swipe left on the display, and then touch Setup.

3. Touch Tools.

4. Swipe up, and then touch Print Quality Report to print the page.

Example of the Print Quality Diagnostic Page

Keep me posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.