Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 250
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I haven't used my printer for a while and now it will not print with the black ink cartridge.  I thought it was empty but I replaced it first with one and then with a second.  Still all blank pages, including alignment and test page.  Nothing prints but the printer acts like it is working, says the ink level is full, etc.  I read something about cleaning the printhead but there does not seem to be any way to do this.  This was a very expensive printer.  I am giving up.

Help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Qandie, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Here is how clean the cartridges-

1. From the home screen on the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon .

2. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Printer Maintenance.

3. Touch Clean Cartridges, and then touch Continue.

A Print Quality Diagnostic report prints.

4. Examine the Print Quality Diagnostic report.

• If the print quality is unacceptable, touch Clean Again to continue the next level of cleaning. Repeat these steps for the third cleaning stage, if necessary.

NOTE: 

If the printheads are badly clogged, the cartridges might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes before you perform all three levels of cleaning again.

• If the print quality is acceptable, touch Done. 

Try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can get to the setting on the printer control panel but there are only two tabs: Schedule and Info.

Neither has an option for Printer Maintenance.

Please check if your instructions should work on the Officejet 250 Mobile All-in-one Printer.

I had also found those directions but they made no sense for my printer control panel.

This was a really expensive printer and I'm surprised it will not print.

It indicates my black ink cartridge is full, at least there is that.

So I assume that is installed properly.

Even if I use the printer to Print Info on an option for Web Services Summary I get nothiing but a blank page.

Any other ideas?

Take Care,

Qandie

HP Recommended

@Qandie

This printer supports printing in single ink cartridge mode and with only the black ink cartridge, it should be able to print in black.

If you have tried cleaning the printhead from the printer utility and the issue persists, I'm afraid this is a hardware issue with the printer as you have already used 2 new black ink cartridges. 

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.