Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Officjet 6600 not connecting to wifi network either with UBS or with phone line or wireless. Haven't found anything to address this. 

HP Recommended

What router?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Hello....

I have an HP 6600 printer and it does not see my Linksys EA6400.   However it will see my Guest setting. 

When I turn off the guest setting it does not see wireless routers except all my neighbors. 

I am not sure if this is a printer or a router problem. 

HP Recommended

In the Linksys settings make sure the network name (SSID) is not hidden (that it is broadcast).

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Having issues with HP Officejet 6600 in the wireless mode.  Just happened printer from my computer standpoint shows "Offline".  Have tried rebooting printer and computer in unison, also have put it back to factory default settings as suggested in a recent post to this site and other.  Basically have tried what I know along with the recent post suggestions from the HP Expert.  Is it time to get a new one?  It does work in the cable to cable mode (hardwired).

HP Recommended

What router?  Have you restarted it by pulling its power plug momentarily?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I can't print from my laptop to my wireless network officejet 6600.  I have a verizon mifi jetpack.  The printer on my laptop says "offline" in the status in the devices and printers area.  The mifi shows it as connected to the printer.  Prints that print throught printer apps on the printer are able to print. 

HP Recommended

In Control Panel, delete the printer.

Re-add it like this:

1. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your network. Verify that you can access the printer's internal web page by browsing to its IP address before continuing. Get its IP from a Network Test printed from the front panel of the printer.
2. Click >> Start >> Control panel >> Devices & Printers.
3. Click the Add a printer
4. Select Local printer
5. Select Create a new port and select Standard TCP/IP Port and click Next button.
6. Under Device type, select TCP/IP Device. Under Hostname or IP address, enter the printer's IP address. Click Next.
7. Select Hewlett-Packard from the list of manufacturers and select and select your printer model. Click Next.
If your printer model was not listed, then select Have Disk, browse the HP CD that came with your printer and select the first file that starts with hp and ends with inf. Click Open then OK. Select your printer model. Click Next.
8. If you are asked, use the currently installed driver.
9. It will ask for the Printer name -- enter a new name or use the existing one. This will be the name of the printer that you select from other applications.
10. You may be asked to share the printer. Choose NO.
11. The Print Test Page box appears. Go ahead and print it.
12. Click Finish.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Friends,

I have an OfficeJet 6600 which would lose connectivity to the wireless network randomly.

I confirmed it had a Static IP, under the DHCP range, etc.  I confirmed I could NOT ping the printer static IP (e.g. was not a PC issue). 

I checked my Cisco EA6300 router and the WiFi channel was set to "Auto"

As SOON as I changed the channel to channel 11, the printer started printing the previous jobs I had tried to print.  E.g. I didnt even have to reboot the printer or PC.

I hope this resolution helps some other poor soul out there who spent the hours I did.

HP Recommended

I bouight this printer about 3 weeks ago. The wireless connection was ok at the innitial set up. We then left for a vacation.

Upon return yesterday, the connection was lost. I have tried the following:

1. going through setting;

2. first restore to factory setting;

3. first turn off the rounter (D-Link DIR-850L).

Need help!

YQZ

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.