Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (56 Views)

Officejet Pro l7780 - Vertical lines when printing blue

Product Name: Officejet Pro l7780
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

When I am printing I get vertical lines in every color which needs blue(Cyan) (see scan).

Every other color seems to work fine.

The weird thing is this printer has only 2 printer heads, one for cyan and magenta and one for yellow and key.

Since the printer does not have any problems when printing magenta I assume the printer heads are fine.

The cartridges are also as good as new, +- 80% full.

I am out of ideas so any help is welcome!

scan.png

Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 4 (33 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro l7780 - Vertical lines when printing blue

Hello, are the ink cartridges OEM or reman? It is possible the cyan ink might need to be changed since only the cyan is having the issue and not the magenta.

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (22 Views)

The cartridges are OEM, but all 4 of them are OEM and only the Cyan does not seem to work properly.

All cartridges are basically new so there should be enough ink in them.

Master's Graduate
Message 4 of 4 (9 Views)

Hello, just because the magenta is working properly, does not mean you can rule out the printhead completely. Have you tried a printhead clean? Or if you remove the printhead are you able to see if there is possibly any ink on the dies? There may be an issue with the cyan dies clogged and need to be cleaned. Worst case you may need to replace the printhead for the magenta/cyan.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation