Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

On HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281cdw, open then close paper tray, printer thinks tray not closed.  Must unplug/replug printer to recognize tray closed and keep printing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well, it just occurred to me to check more carefully for scraps of paper in the workings from previous paper jams.  Guess what?  I found a small scrap of card stock in the back. Removed, and it appears to be working again.  Wish I had thought of that a few months ago.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Make sure the paper size guides are set correctly in the paper tray. Make sure they're not too tight against the paper. There should be small detents that the guides click into. If the guides are too tight or loose, it can cause issues.

HP Recommended

thanks for your reply. It's useful for me!

HP Recommended

Well, it just occurred to me to check more carefully for scraps of paper in the workings from previous paper jams.  Guess what?  I found a small scrap of card stock in the back. Removed, and it appears to be working again.  Wish I had thought of that a few months ago.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.