Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Surface Book
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I have owned the HP LJ100 colour M175nw for a few years and have used it successfully in that time.  I have also used the HP Smart App with it. 

Due to broadband issues we have recently installed an Orbi system (RBK50 with one satellite which is sat next to the printer in question).

My newer Canon printer connected immediately using WPS (Sync button on Orbi router)  but not the HP. I am by no means a network expert and have googled a few things and come up with issues such as there being 13 channels on the router but only 11 on the printer (have changed router to 11 with no success). I have restored the printer to default to remove previous settings.  I also understand that the printer must be on 2.4Ghz band (which the Canon connected to automatically).

I have also tried to connect the printer directly to the satellite vis USB and downloaded the ReadyShare software from Orbi but am unable to see how I progress with this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@AJS1973 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand you are unable to set up the wireless on the printer.

Make sure the computer is on the right network.

Disconnect the ethernet cable from the printer.

Restore the printer defaults.

On the printer select the setup button, right arrow to the service menu, ok,  right arrow to restore defaults, ok.

Print a configuration report to make sure there is no IP address and your network name. (SSID)

Go to the setup button (wrench) on the printer, right arrow to reports, select the config report.

Now connect the ethernet cable from the printer to the router.

Wait about 1 minute and print the configuration page to get the IP address.

If you have a valid IP address for the printer try and access the embedded web server.
Type the IP address into internet explorer address bar.

If it loads the printer's network page then the printer is on the network.

Now we can set up the wireless connection.

Click on the Networking Tab, on the left select wireless, fill out the information. Apply the settings, once you get a reply back then disconnect the ethernet cable from the printer.

Should get a solid blue light on the printer.

Now run the add printer wizard.

If you are using Win 7,  go to start, devices and printers, add a printer, go through the wizard. We should find the printer and install the driver. If not then go to add a printer, select local, select create a new port, click drop down and select TCP\IP, next, type in the printer's IP address. Continue the wizard.

Make sure the printer is online.

Test the wireless and see if you can now print.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your reply and apologies for not being able to follow your guidance sooner.

I have completed the first part of the instructions and have been able to obtain the IP address and log into the embedded web server.  I am then given 8 options on the left hand menu, as follows:

Network Summary

IPv4 Configuration

IPv6 Configuration

Wireless Configuration

Wireless Direct Set Up

Network Identification

Advanced

SNMP

I have had a look through and noticed that on the Wireless Configuration page wireless was switched off. I have turned this on and selected Apply, and then selected the network from the list below and selected Apply. Then disconnected the cable but only get a flashing blue light.

Your help at this stage would be appreciated. Thank you

HP Recommended

@AJS1973 

Thank you for the update.

Try these steps to re-enable the web-services - 

  

Step 1 Remove the Web-Services - 

1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, touch ( HP ePrint ), and then touch (Web Services Settings). 

2. Touch Remove Web Services. 

  

Reboot the devices. 

  

Step 2 Enable the Web-Services - 

1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ). 

2. Touch Web Services Setup. 

3. Touch Accept to accept the Web Services terms of use and enable Web Services. 

4. On the screen that appears, touch OK to allow the printer to automatically check for product updates. 

5. If the Printer Update Options screen is displayed, select one of the options. 

6. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup. 

  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.  

HP Recommended

Thanks, apologies but is this on the embedded web server page?  I can see a tab for HP Web Services - on the left hand side I  then have 'Web Services set up' and 'Proxy Settings'.  On the 'Web Services set up' the top box is asking whether I wish to enable HP Web Services.

Thanks again

HP Recommended

@AJS1973

Follow the steps below and see if that helps- 

1. Remove All Barriers: Certain building materials can get in the way of weaker signals like Bluetooth. Metal, bulletproof glass, concrete, and plaster are particularly bad, and marble, plaster and brick aren’t great easy. So if you’re really struggling with interference, your first step should be to move your Bluetooth devices away from these materials. That means no brick walls between you and your devices, and definitely no metal desks! 
      

2. Change Router Channel: If you have an Apple router and you’re constantly getting interference with your WiFi, try rebooting it. Upon restart, the station will search for a new channel. Specifically, a different channel than the one your Bluetooth devices is using to communicate. If you don’t have an Apple router, you may need to instead go into your router settings and try changing the channel manually. Experiment with different channels to see which one works best. 
      

3. Move Closer to Your Router: If you often find that you’re getting interference when talking on a wireless headset while on a WiFi call (you’ll know because you’ll hear static), try moving closer to your router. This will give you a more robust WiFi connection, so the Bluetooth frequency can’t overpower it. 
      

4. Get Away From Microwaves and Fluorescent Lighting: Both emit frequencies of 2.4GHz, and moving away from them will distance you from the source. 

Have a nice day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.