Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP P1102W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to update firmware on my HP P1102W printer, Product ID CE658A. Last year the firmware file could be found on the support site, under software and drivers. There is now a new version of the firmware file. I downloaded it and attempted to use it. It is actually the full installation package for the P1102W. You can tell by the size - it's huge. 

I downloaded the file and executed it. It unpack into a folder on the C drive. Looking at the folder contents, there are several executables, but none that will install printer firmware.

We need access to the previous version of the firmware installer, the one that installs 20180301.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @GregTaxes

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the firmware update. 

Let's try these steps to reset the printer - 

1) Take out the cartridges. 
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall. 
3) Wait for 30 seconds.  
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector. 
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.

Download and install the firmware from here.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The file you are linking too is not the firmware update it is just the normal drivers update. 

HP Recommended

@GregTaxes

Please download this - LJP1100_P1560_P1600_FW_Upgrade_20180302.exe

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Everything got solved with that firmware. 

Files in the download section for printer HP LasterJet P1102w must be updated so this file is included under firmware.

Thank you for you help Asmita!

HP Recommended

OK, now the P1102W firmware update tool is available on the support site.

Problem is that it REPLACED the Win10 64-bit software installation package. We need both of them. 

The old page had two different categories: Driver-Product Installation Software and Firmware. The current page has only one category: Firmware.

Please ADD the product installation software downloadable.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.