Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
P1102W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The printer feeds the paper about 3 or 4 inches, then it stops. I have cleaned the pickup roller.

When I pull the paper out it has two rubber like marks on it.

I can post a picture if needed.

I think it is the two rollers that need to be cleaned, but I do not see anything on the internet or HP on how to find and clean them.

Thanks for any and all help

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

It could be due to the bad toner cartridge, do you have another toner just for test one page?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Yes I tried that already. Both do the same thing. Thanks for your response.

I am thinking it might be a program problem in the internal computer that controls the printer. I may try to reset and re-install the control memory.

Thanks for the Help

HP Recommended

If that doesn't help next time paper jams, remove toner and take a photo of an interior of the printer with jammed paper and post photo here.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I took the toner cartridge out and put it back in. I also re-flashed the machine, the firmware. Afterwards it has been working fine. I am hooked up with a usb cable. If it works for a week, I  will then try to make it work on WiFi. That not working on WiFi was my original problem. Thanks for the help. Let me continue to use it as is, right now.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.