Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro P1102 Printer series

Hello,

My HP LaserJet Professional P 1102w has intermittent printing issues, for example it will print a few pages then stop.   This is 2  of 4, or something like that...bottom line these aren't big print jobs with graphics,  etc. 

The only way I determined to get a full print job is to restart the printer or power off/on.  After which the job will finish.  

I poked around in the printer web console and noticed my available memory is always stuck at 1mb out of 8.  To me this seems like the problem, shouldn't this be atleast at 6-7 (I am sure it need 1 mb to run itself).  Nothing I do will reclamin this memory.

Service ID: 25097 Firmware Datecode: 20150114 Total Memory: 8 MBytes Available Memory: 1 MBytes

Capture123.PNG

I've updated the firmware to the latest available which appears to be 2015. 

Any ideas why the intermittement problems and most importantly, how do I reclaim my available memory???

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Out of warranty.   

This printer is junk, after only a few years the onboard memory has failed.  

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @brucskie,

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers 

I understand that you are facing an intermittent issue.

No worries, I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Are you facing this issue after an update?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

A range of issues can impact your printer’s wireless connection. We will guide you through the possible solutions click the below link.

http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=Printer_Does_Not_Maintain_Wireless_Connection.net&as=true&se...

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hello Raj

In response to your questions.

Are you facing this issue after an update?

No.  But a step to resolve the issue I updated my firmware and it made no difference.  

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Yes.  

-Restart, powercycle

-Driver updates

-Firmware update

Nothing matters.  The Available memory will not exceed 1mb.   And when it gets stuck I check the memory it's at 0 mb.  No wonder it freezes!!  

HP Recommended

Hi @brucskie,

Thanks for replying.

Will try to do a factory default and check how it goes.

Restore Defaults.
NOTE: This procedure does not reset page counts, service IDs, or other static product values.

1. Turn the product off.
  2. Turn the product on, and while it is initializing press and hold the cancel button and wireless button at the same time

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Factory reset didn't help.  Still only 1mb of availble memory 😞 

HP Recommended

Hi @brucskie,

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

It looks like you were interacting with @Raj1788 , but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Barachiel & I'm at your service.

If that's the case, I'd request you to contact HP's phone support team for further assistance.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/ Enter Product number or select to auto detect.Scroll down to "Still need help?

Complete the form to select your contact options". Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I feel like I would be wasting my time calling support.  The printer was released in 2015?  ..so 3 yrs old

Do you really think there is hope it's under warranty?

HP Recommended

Hi @brucskie,

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts.

Follow this link to check the warranty of the printer. 🙂

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Out of warranty.   

This printer is junk, after only a few years the onboard memory has failed.  

HP Recommended

Hi @brucskie,

Thank you for replying,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

Have a great day!

Cheers!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.