Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yodette
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

P1102w prints USB, how to enable wireless printing on W10?

HP LaserJet P1102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My mother has a P1102w mono LJ (product#=CE658A). It's currently connected to her W10 desktop via USB, and works well that way. When I visit with my laptop, I would like to be able to print via wireless, and ... I just can't seem to enable that, so your help is appreciated. The printer is out of warranty, so no direct help from HP, but the printer seems to support wireless:

+ the configuration page (which prints after one holds down the red 'X' button on top left) has a network section with a MAC address.

+ the printer has a (hardware) button on its top left with a wireless icon printed on it.

However, my attempts to enable the printer to print wirelessly (from the attached/working W10 desktop--which, again, prints just fine via USB) have all failed. I have tried

1. The 'HP ePrint' previously installed (i.e., before I got to this)

2. 'HP Easy Start' which I installed per instructions @ support.hp.com

3. 'HP Smart' which I installed per instructions @ 123.hp.com

Mom does not remember who setup the printer and PC originally, nor does she know where the original installation materials are.

So I'd appreciate any assistance the community could provide with this: how to enable this printer to also print via wireless? (FWIW, the printer is well within range of the wireless router, so I'm fairly sure that's not the problem.)

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,624 12,602 839 821
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

P1102w prints USB, how to enable wireless printing on W10?

@yodette

i have gone through your Post and I would like to help

I suggest you download and install the Full Feature 'Software on your Notebook and follow the onscreen instructions to setup wireless

Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-p1102-printer-series/4110394/model/...

Note: Connect the USB cable to your Notebook during setup only when prompted during installation

Keep me posted  😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation