Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have exact same issue with fresh Windows 7 Pro 64-bit install and newly downloaded rivers and firmware update. When I use Word or any othr application to do a one page document, i won't stop printing multiple copies until I shut down the print job.

Is there another driver I can substitute? Or a workaround?

HP Recommended

Disabeld bidirection on my p2035n and it didn't ehlp. Good try though. Maybe that strategy doesn't work on all printers?

HP Recommended

Disabled Bidirection on my Windows 7 64x machine and it did fix the problem.  How are you connected?  Locally or through network?

HP Recommended

Sigh...

I have the same issue (printing infinite copies), tried all the fixes I found in this thread (setting LPR byte counting, disabling bidirectional support), and I did not find happiness.

I have a LaserJet 1022n, conntected via Ethernet to a D-link Dir-625 router. Windows7 32 bit. Default settings were "Raw" protocol, port 9100, bidirectional support enabled, and whenever I send a document to the printer, it keeps printing forever.

Setting it to LPR mode, with LPR byte counting enabled or not, and/or disabling bidirectional support, in other words any configuration of these settings aside from the default, makes the printer not print at all.  Jobs sit in the spool indefinitely.

One thing, I may not have the right LPR Queue name for this... I tried making one up, it didn't change anything (nothing prints).  I tried using "NPIDA4193", which is the "Host name" (taken from the config page of the printer), and still nothing. Could it be something else?

The only way I can get it to print anything is in the default configuration, where it prints and prints until I manually stop it.

Any more ideas? Thanks!

HP Recommended

Using LPR with Enable bye count checked solved the problem of printing too many copies from 64bit Win7 laptop to P2035n.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem (printing infinite copies), but found that un-checking "Enable Bidirectional Printing" solved the that problem--but created a new problem.  Now the user must press the continue button on the P2035n to get the document to actually print.

I tried going from tray- Auto Select to Tray 2, same problem.

Any suggestions.

The user is running Windows 7 Pro SP1 (32x); one user is able to print OK from MS Word, but when printing from MS Outlook he must press continue for each email.

Ken Mullins

SIL International

HP Recommended

Had this problem with 1606DN, unchecked "Enable Bidirectional Support" as suggested and it worked perfectly.  Thanks for the help

HP Recommended
This worked for me as well, with my 64bit HP laptop with Windows 7. Thank you so much!
HP Recommended

Unchecking "Enable bidirectional support" stopped the mutiple pages from printing on a HP LaserJet P2035N printing from Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

The print driver is set to print directly to the printer's IP address.

For anyone who is unsure of how to get to where you check or uncheck this option.

1.Click the "windows bubble" or the "start" bubble.

2.Select "Devices and Printers."

3. Right-Click the printer in questions and select "Printer Properties."

4. Click the "Ports" tab, there you will see the option to check or uncheck "Enable bidirectional supprt"

HP Recommended

Open up the printer properties, go to the Ports tab, uncheck 'Enable bidirectional support'.  Works for us in a networked environment. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.