Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RBS1975
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PRinter recognised by Mac wifi but not scanner. Have tried all the online suggestions.

Laser Jet MFP 28w
macOS 10.14 Mojave

When I try to scan a document using Easy Scan, it keeps saying Error while communicating with the scanner. But it communicates fine with the print program, and paper issues etc. Wifi works fine and my wife can communicate fine with the scanner on her Windows machine. I followed everything in the automated help system, reinstalled the drivers etc., to no avail. So far I have been on hold for  phone help for 40 minutes with no one to help so far. What can I do please?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4,681 4,666 361 378
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PRinter recognised by Mac wifi but not scanner. Have tried all the online suggestions.

@RBS1975, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Once launching HP Easy Scan ensure there is no alert mark near the listed scanner name.

If there is such click the Presets menu and press on Browse Scanners, then select your printer and try scanning again.

If the same remains try the following:

From your Applications folder or its HP subfolder delete any existing HP Scan or HP Easy Scan application, delete it by moving it to trash, then empty the trash.

Now download and install the HP Easy Scan and the try scanning.

Finally, ensure your drivers are up to date by clicking the Apple icon, select About this Mac and then press Software Update.
Click Store on the top menu bar, click Reload Page, click Update All if any updated are available.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation