Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Doesn't matter
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product: LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276mw

Problem: Copy/Scan work fine, but Print makes each page print with doused in blue. Imagine you put a blue transparency on top of anything you printed. You can see the origional print of what you wanted (say a business letter in black ink) in the background, but there is a think layer of blue on top of any printed page, including margins.

Again, each page appears to printed correctly, with correct colors, except each page printed is saturdated in blue.

Attempted Solutions:  Printed from three devices with multiple installed/uninstalled drivers.

Printed on various thickness of paper, and adjusted paper setting on printer itself. This does effect the intensity of the blue, but not for the better.

Tried replacing every single toner cartridge. No effect.

Tried unplug - power on/off - no effect.

Ran every single diagnostic and report  on the machine, demo pages, color calibration, ink status, etc. Every report shows no issue... But each report is saturdated in blue.

Also did a" restore factory settings" on printer. No effect.

15485401155275705957726000710964.jpg

If some idiot tech gives me a textbook routine for various steps to troubleshoot, I will go bananas, or blueberries, as the case may be. 

Is this a parts issue? Is there something outside the toner that needs to be replaced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP support response above has nothing to do with the solution. Bad toner and secondary transfer roller were to blame. I posted a full response with details on how to fix, but HP moderators deleted it as spam. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @VioletBeaurgrd, Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out. Please answer a few questions below in order to assist you better.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Have you tried printing from a different application does the issue persist?

Are you printing from a browser or application?

Let's continue with the troubleshooting steps now.

Try updating the printer firmware to the latest version and check if it helps.

Update the printer firmware using this link. Click Here

Try the steps recommended below.

Check the paper type setting (Windows)

Check the paper type setting if you are having any of the following problems:

• Toner is smearing on the printed pages.

• Repeated marks occur on the printed pages.

• Printed pages are curled.

• Toner flakes off the printed pages.

• Printed pages have small unprinted areas.

1. From the software program, select the Print option.

2. Select the product, and then click the Properties or Preferences button.

3. Click the Paper/Quality tab.

4. From the Paper type drop-down list, click the More... option.

5. Expand the list of Type is: options.

6. Expand each category of paper types until you find the paper type that you are using.

7. Select the option for the type of paper you are using, and then click the OK button.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot print quality issues. Click Here

If the copy works fine uninstall the printer software from the root level on your PC and install the full feature printer software.

In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

Select your HP printer.

Select Uninstall.

In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

Click on Drivers tab.

Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

Select OK.

Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

Close Devices and Printers.

Update the full feature printer software using this link. Click Here

Let me know if this works!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What a shock! And HP corporate tech drone just gave me a scripted answer, and told me to do all the things I already did! How useless!

As is the necessity with HP suport, I solved my own problem with the help of a local independent tech (I did try to use HPs website to locate a tech, but all servicing places were either big box stores, i.e. big fees for routine repairs, or small entities that don't work on small consumer machines -- HPs listing of printer repair folks was totally useless).

If you are having the same problem I was having with your machine (cyan yellow or magenta) here's the soltution: 1) pay the big bucks (that means 10x the price) for HP branded ink cartridges (at least for the color in question), 2) open up the back of your machine (via the  standard port - no tools needed) then use a lightly damp washcloth to clean the secondary transfer roller in the back of the machine. You will need to unfasten two clips, one on each side, to remove the roller from the machine.  "Scrub" it lightly to remove the ink but not hard to damage the roller itself. You also need to look at the feeder belt. Hopefully it's not covered in ink, but even if it is, you might get lucky and just have to remove the roller, clean it, let it dry,  print a page or two, clean it again, let it dry, print a page or two - that might be enough to clean the belt.

When this is done, install the new HP toner. Not sure of this is true, but I have read that HP uses circular ink particles in it's $96 singles color toner cartridges, whereas the Chinese knockoffs sold on Amazon that sell for around $50 for a set of six toner cartridges (so $8 each, or 10% of what HP charges) uses jagged shaped ink particles that can rupture and "bleed" or smear on the pages. Anyway, I used knockoff ink for three years before I ever saw any sign of this problem. YMMV. The knockoff ink people know this problem exists, read the bad reviews on Amazon, but it only happens sometimes, and at a $8 vs. $96 price point (x4 ink cartridges) it might me worth the risk?

Bottom line: cheap toner caused this problem, but it is not simply remedied by replacing cheap toner with HP brand toner. The machine must be cleaned - feeder belt, and secondary transfer roller. To do this, you just need to invest a little time and effort, and you can "save" your own printer.

Two parting shots: 1) check this photo for a view of my blue secondary transfer roller.

2) if you live near Washington DC, Printer Resolutions is a fabulous company, that should be added to HPs list of repair folks. This guy was the only person, not a bot, smart enough to help me.Secondary transfer roller coated in blue tonerSecondary transfer roller coated in blue toner

Disclosures: I am a simple end user and have no affiliation with HP, or any other company listed in this post.

HP Recommended

HP support response above has nothing to do with the solution. Bad toner and secondary transfer roller were to blame. I posted a full response with details on how to fix, but HP moderators deleted it as spam. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.