1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paper Jam in Tray 1 error

HP Laser Jet Pro MFP 181 FW
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi Guys,

I have a brand new (just unboxed for the first time) HP Laser Jet Pro MFP 181 FW.

Unfortunately, the instructions for whatever reason were not in English but it's not the first time I've set a printer up and I've done everything that seemed apparent.

The problem I'm having is that on initialization, I get a paper jam in tray 1 error message. This happens even if it is empty and I don't seem to be able to get passed this...... any suggestions on what I may have overlooked/how to resolve?

Thanks,

Adam

1 REPLY 1
Professor
Professor
1,795 1,594 154 286
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paper Jam in Tray 1 error

These units are pretty straight forward. If you are getting a jam error brand new out of box I would take it back to place of purchase and have it replaced.

Find this information helpful? Please click Kudos or tag as solution. I am not an employee of HP but a current field service tech with 20+ years real world experience troubleshooting and fixing HP Imaging hardware.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation