Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP 9000 Printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My printer is HP LeserJet 9000 Printer 

Page Seze for Paper Tray 2 and 3 is set as ANY

I changed to Letter then i saved setting.

After printer restart it goes back to ANY. 

Please Help: What Could Be wrong With This?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for Responding.

I did Not Confuse Anything

Before I got your reply I found Printer service manual from web and looked in there and then found that the lever on the left side if the tray 2 and 3 was set to “Custom” which wasn’t allowing control panel to save the settings after printer would go to sleep or shut down (restart).

As soon as I changed lever from “Custom” to “Standard” printer automatically changed the paper size to Letter ant it stayed as such after I restarted the printer.

So in conclusion if you change the lever position on the left side of tray 2 or 3 to “Custom” control panel automatically changes tray paper size to “ANY” after shutdown or restart.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

There are 2 settings for each tray. One is for the size of the paper which is usually automatically detected based on the levers on the tray after the back and side stops are set. The other setting which is done by the user is for the type of paper which in the case of "Any" allows for bond, preprinted or whatever being called for in the job will print to a tray that has the same size but specifies a type. I think you are confusing the type of paper vs the size of the paper as far as I know the term "Any" can only be used to specify the type and can not be used for size.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for Responding.

I did Not Confuse Anything

Before I got your reply I found Printer service manual from web and looked in there and then found that the lever on the left side if the tray 2 and 3 was set to “Custom” which wasn’t allowing control panel to save the settings after printer would go to sleep or shut down (restart).

As soon as I changed lever from “Custom” to “Standard” printer automatically changed the paper size to Letter ant it stayed as such after I restarted the printer.

So in conclusion if you change the lever position on the left side of tray 2 or 3 to “Custom” control panel automatically changes tray paper size to “ANY” after shutdown or restart.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.