Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP CP4005DN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased a used HP CP4005DN printer. It was doing fine and then all the sudden the paper starts jamming as it enters the fuser. I am not a business but I purchased this printer because I do a lot of printing for the not for profit organization I am a part of. I am almost thinking the problem is the fuser but I would like some insight on it before I throw parts at it.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Can you print the event log and post the most common errors you are seeing?  On the control panel administration>troubleshooting >event log.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Error code is 13.05.00. The events show FUSER OUTPUT paper late jam, and FUSER OUTPUT paper stopped jam. I have tried a cold reset and also leaving it unplugged for several hours.

HP Recommended

PS, thank you for trying to help.

HP Recommended

Error code is 13.05.00. The events show FUSER OUTPUT paper late jam, and FUSER OUTPUT paper stopped jam. I have tried a cold reset and also leaving it unplugged for several hours.

HP Recommended

Put just one page of paper a time in tray2 to see if it still jams or not.

If it's not you may have an input sticky solenoid issue needed to be solved.

In this situation you should have two papers jammed one at fuser and the other at input area.

If you want to do it yourself google for how to do and get a service manual and YouTube also may help.

You can try tray1 to see if it jams or not.

HP Recommended

The paper jams whether 1 sheet or several sheets are put into the tray. Have tried single sheet feed and still jams as it tries to enter the fuser.

HP Recommended

GUESS THIS FORUM IS JUST FULL OF A BUNCH[edit 

HP Recommended

We had issues with some 4700 and 4730 devices (same basic engine layout) and one of the things we found would trigger duplex errors was a slightly deformed (nearly impossible to see) exit flag on the output assembly. Part Number RL1-0612-000CN

4005 duplex.jpg

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

My point exactly. You are too stupid to be a LEVEL 1 much less a "LEVEL10". The paper is jamming AS IT ENTERS THE FUSER not on the exit. WHAT A MORON!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.