Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (159 Views)

Paper tray 2 problem

Product Name: Laserjet M277dw
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

i've a problem with the paper into tray 2. After i print some pages the display says that the paper is ended and ask me to load more paper into tray. The tray isn't empty but is half full (about 60-70 pages still remaining). I don't now how to solve this issue. The printer is new (less than a month) and i've printed only 20-30 pages.

Someone could help me?

Thank you.

Gandolfo

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (118 Views)

Re: Paper tray 2 problem

Hi! @Gandalef, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you have paper tray issue with your printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Tray 2 holds more paper than the single-sheet priority feed slot (Tray 1). From the control panel, adjust the printer's paper size and paper type settings to match the paper in the tray.

1.From the home screen on the control panel, press the arrow buttons to select System Setup, and then press OK.

2.Press the arrow buttons to select Paper setup menu, and then press OK.

3.Press the arrow buttons to select Tray 2, and then press OK.

4.Press the arrow buttons to select Paper Type, select the type of paper that is in the tray, and then press OK.

5.Press the arrow buttons to select Paper Size, select the size of paper that is in the tray, and then press OK.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot paper tray issues with your printer.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! :-)

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (105 Views)

Hi,

i've tried the solutions above but it still ask to add paper. The printer is new only two weeks old and i had to add more paper (full tray) to print.

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (82 Views)

@Gandalef

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Always try to maintain more than 10 papers in the tray 2 to avoid this error message.

Let me know if that works.

Cheers.

sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation