Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M477fnw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm attempting to print from an M477 MFP but am getting a message that the parameter is incorrect.  I have tried connecting to it both through a network (and verified it is communicating) and local connection, and have installed the driver and HP software from the disc that came with the device.  I have tried adding and removing the device as well, as well as uninstalling the printer in the control panel.  Any assistance is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Although it wasn't those, that did prompt me to dig through McAfee's access protection logs and it was being blocked by both the Anti-spyware and Common Standard Protection policies on accessing temp files. Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

May you have any malware protection programs installed on your computer, such as ByteFence or MalwareBytes?

If you do have nay such, try exiting it and check if you may then see any difference while trying to print

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Nothing like that, just McAfee for the antivirus, but it does work on other computers with McAfee installed (although they are different model computers)  This is a GETAC S410.

HP Recommended

Although it wasn't those, that did prompt me to dig through McAfee's access protection logs and it was being blocked by both the Anti-spyware and Common Standard Protection policies on accessing temp files. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.