Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP M477fde
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I need to reset the password for HP M477fdw as cannot recall what it was set at as need to change the settings.

Kindly appreciate help.

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Was there ever a response from HP to this issue.  I have the same problem.  Changed the wireless network name and now need to reset the printer to that "new" network.  I have no idea what the system password for the printer is, as when I set it up, I never expected that it would ever be needed again.  Oh well ...

Thanks,

Carletal

HP Recommended

Hello @BRPISS

A reset will do the trick 

Solved: Re: Password Reset HP M477fdw - HP Support Forum - 5670892

NVRAM initialization
[edit]

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
HP Recommended

That's the solution !  Thanks !!!!

Carl

HP Recommended
It worked! Many thanks!
HP Recommended

I am dealing with a slightly different model.  The HP Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M477fdn and I have restarted the machine and followed these instructions but the " Init. message appears on the display" doesn't show up. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.