Did you mean: 
reven
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Phantom Paper Jam in rear of M451dn

Laserjet M451DN

I've been trying to fix this for months. I noticed a few others on various sites having the same issue and various ways others fixed it haven't worked for me.

At first this would happen every so often and I could clear it by simply opening and closing the rear door. Now the printer jams on every job, first page gets about 90% into the output tray and stops with jam message on screen. I can very easily pull the sheet the rest of the way. The page is completely printed with no tears or snags. At this point it's very difficult to get the error to clear so the printer is inoperative.

I am using HP high quality laser paper. I have so far replaced the pickup rollers (roller kit), fuser assembly and paper delivery assembly. I've seen posts about the registration roller being bent or out of position but mine seems fine. I have reset the printer (defaults and NVRAM). 

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm about to replace the registration assembly but I'm almost $200 into repairs on a printer I could probably replace for $400. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation