Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks!

I called TS this morning and walked me through some check outs and finally said it needs to be replaced.

Took it back to BB and they replaced it. New one works just fine!

Again thanks

Rew

HP Recommended

No the whole press unlit corners thing?  First time I get web service settings, nothing on right. only other option is enable wireless.

HP Recommended

I tried all of that, it still only prints out in B&W, the colour is not coming through.  Everything else is working apart from colour coming through.  The Alignment is saying - Failed.

Please help?

Thanks ColinB.

HP Recommended

No colin, no help here.  But I'd still like to know why I cannot find this B210'e' in the list of their printer  products.  If I have to take it back, should I go with the 'c' version?

HP Recommended

Well, what do you know?  I turned if off for a week with the intention of bringing it back to Best Buy this weekend, but then I turned it on tonight, gave the cartridge cleaning another try, and it started printing color....it was streaky, but there.  I cleaned again, and the color looked good.  Printed a picture and it was crisp and clear.  If at first you don't succeed....

HP Recommended

Just look for the serial number on the printer or box if you still have the box.  Then when you do need to contact HP they will have your printer.  I solved my original problem, with cleaning the ink heads - that then aligned it & working properly now.  I now have a new problem - My printer instead of 'going to sleep', it just keeps going to the Demo screen & not going to sleep.  After I press the Home screen, it goes to Demo screen after 3 - 5 seconds from the Home Screen.

Any suggestions how to fix this please?

HP Recommended

Firstly - Happy New Year to ya, & thank you for helping me with my original problem.  Before I received your reply - I did exactly that - turned off printer for a bit, then cleaned the Ink Heads & that seemed to of helped it - as it is working excellent now.

I do however have another minor problem - After turning on the printer or even trying to leave it on, I press the Home screen, it goes back to that for about 3-5 seconds & then it goes to the Demo screen & does not go into the sleep mode. As I want it to go to sleep so I can leave it on all the time (only uses 1 watt of power in sleep mode)

Please can you help me on this - to put it into sleep mode & NOT keep going onto the Demo screen all the time?  I know how to set it for sleep - 5 or 15 minutes screen - but nothing on the ? settings to show anything about not having the Demo screen on.  Please help.

Thanks ColinB.

HP Recommended

Ok.  Had mine unplulgged also. It is now also working.  First time alignment successful.  So since I started this, although I haven't set up any photo to print yet (so I'm not totally sure) I'm going to have to say solved.  Though don't ask me how.  And I still don't know why HP don't recongize this printer.  Just a b and c.

HP Recommended

Just turning the printer off for 30 seconds solved this for me. When I turned it back on, it immediately went into "align" mode and was successful. Kudos and thanks!

HP Recommended

Alignment failed. HP VIVERA 4100. What to do?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.