Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hpcololaserjet 176nw
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
please I need a solution for my printer. Always showing printing cool down mode. Need an urgent solution please so that I can use my printer.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @chamberlin, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that you get error printing cool down mode after printing 5 to 8 documents from your printer.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please try the steps mentioned below.

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a powered hub or a surge protector) This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

The product will pause longer between printed pages until it cools down.

Overheating occurs when the product lacks air ventilation or when it prints continuously for a long period of time. To prevent overheating, place the product in a well-ventilated area, and divide very large print jobs into smaller print jobs.

Refer this document to know more about control panel error messages.

If the issue still persists, please update the printer firmware and check if it helps.

Link to update printer firmware.

Please let me know the outcome.

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.