Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP color LaserJet Pro M-252dw
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Get error msg:  "Load tray 1.   Envelope, Env #10"

I have the envelope loaded in tray #1 and oriented correctly.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@HaydenRay

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw printer and it gives and error stating that "Load tray 1. Envelope, Env #10." The envelope is loaded in tray#1 and is oriented correctly. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Have you checked the print settings in Mac and selected the correct envelope size?
  • Do other documents print fine from the printer?

I did some research and found the supported envelope sizes for the printer as shown below: (source: http://hp.care/2mFOh9f)

If the error continues then please check if the printer is able to print other documents. If other documents print fine then reset the printing system in Mac and then try. 

Hope this information helps. Let me know what happens. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hey M Kazi,

I am a very meticilous person. I double and triple check every set-up detail.

Here is some infomation for you. 

All "print settings" are correct in Mac and I selected the correct envelope size.

Also note that other documents print just fine.

I followed your advice and performed the (Reset the mac printing system).

then rebooted printer and reconfigured all the settings and verified in the HP Utility.

Still getting same error msg (on the LED screen at Printer itself.

Note. One important item to mention is that I am trying to perform this envelope print task

VIA the IMAC "Pages" application. Perhaps that is known issue???

Also, can you suggest how to do a "test" print on envelope directly, while not using "Pages" Application.

HaydenRay

HP Recommended

Hey M Kazi,

To further troubleshoot this issue,

I removed envelope from tray #1, then removed all paper from tray #2.

Then loaded one #10 envelope into tray #2,

and positioned it properly in the envelope orientation.

I then reconfigured the HP Utility to accept (any paper type), and (any paper size).

I then hit "Print".  Printer then successfully printed the envelope !

I conclude that the issue is only with "Tray #1".

Please focus your efforts as to why Tray #1 will not allow printing.

Hope that helps

HaydenRay

HP Recommended

@HaydenRay

Thanks for your reply. 🙂

I must say that technical solutions can only be provided, but it was you who implemented the steps to perfection. 

I read that the envelope printed fine from the tray# 2. I would like to know if the printer prints other documents fine from tray# 1?

Also, please review page# 17 from the user guide.

Let me know. Thanks! 

HP Recommended

Hey M Kazi,

Answer to your question is "No", Tray #1 will not print other documents.

When placing a single sheet of paper into Tray #1 fully into guides, then using Mac application "Pages" to print a document,  A error message with a yellow triangle appears at printer.

It states:  "check single sheet slot for jam, or close tray #2."

Note:  There is no jam, and tray #2 was properly closed !

HaydenRay

HP Recommended

@HaydenRay

Thanks for your reply again and for mentioning the error details.

Please perform the below steps:

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

If the printer continues to say "Check single sheet slot for jam or close tray 2" then please perform the steps as described in detail from this link: http://hp.care/2ih4nHR

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hey M Kazi,

Followed your instructions. Still getting same error msg.

Selected your link. Followed those instructions. Still getting same error msg.

HaydenRay

HP Recommended

Hi @HaydenRay, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. 

As all the troubleshooting steps are exhausted, recommend you to contact our phone support for the service options. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to contact our phone support. 

• Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Enter Product number or select to auto detect
  • Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.