Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp m570
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The print on each page is leaving a yellowish background ahon the paper. I have changed the yellow cartridge and the black, but that did not change anything.  I think the yellow is being transferred from the transfer belt, since I have pulled the transfer belt and saw yellow toner coming out of one end of it. Is that normal, for a transfer belt to pick up toner and dump on the paper

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You will see this issue if the waste toner bin on the end of the printer is full and toner is backing up onto transfer belt. If you remove the transfer belt, on the left front side (front being the side the goes into the printer first, there is a little shutter that opens. Normally waste toner moves out of the waste bin into the waste toner bottle in the front of the machine but sometimes the toner does not move properly and backs up. If you hold open the shutter and shake the transfer belt over a garbage bin and you see quite a bit of toner come out that might be the case, but typically if this is the problem the streaks will be a muddy color not a single distinct color. Single distinct colors defects are usually a cartridge related issue and it is possible to get 2 bad cartridges in a row, especially if you are using non-HP toners.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.