Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Print quality

M452DN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having a small problem having to do with printing labels using my H-P M452DN laserjet printer. I

am printing labels that use the Avery 94200 labels, which are the 1" x 2-5/8" white matte labels on

sheets having 30 labels (3 columns of 10 labels).

I am trying to print my ham radio call sign (N9EN) on the labels, using a rather large font size. The

lettering takes up an area of approximately 5/8" x 2" on the labels and the problem that I am having

is with the right-hand column of labels.

On some of the labels printed, the last letter (the "N") printed on some of the labels is not always of

a uniform color of black. Sometimes some areas of that letter are lighter in color. I am printing from

a pdf file that I have saved to my computer and I make sure that it is set for "labels" when I go to do

the printing.

I called H-P about this but they did not want to talk to me, as the printer is over 2 years old and is

no longer covered by any warranty. I also called Avery but that was of no help either. I checked the

online documentation and I am confused by one of their suggestions under the "Improve Print

Quality" section. The documentation, for example, says "From the software program, select the

PRINT option" and I do not know which "software"e they are talking about.

Thank you very much for any help with this! 

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation