Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Mac OS X 10.15 Catalia for HP Laserjet MFP M227fdw
Other

All my devices can still print without a problem to my HP Laserjet MFP M227fdw except one:  since I upgraded my MacBook Pro 13" to Mac OS X 10.15 "Catalina" I can't make it print, even using generic postscript printer setup.

Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

What happens when you try to print? what exact error or behavior occurs?

Try following HP Easy Start to make sure its latest drivers are installed, then check for any difference:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip

Please let me know how it goes,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi, Thanks for your response.

"What exactly happens when I try to print from my MacBook Pro 13" is just nothing at all -- no error message, no nothing.

I can print from all my other computers with no error at all.  From my MacBook Pro under macOS Catalina Version 10.15, nothing happens at all.  I have gone through all steps I can imagine, such as deleting and re-installing the printer and running all the relevant diagnostics from the printer itself (HP LaserJet MFP M227fdw)  The printer knows its network address perfectly,  and the "Network Summary" page that it prints seems entirely as one would expect.

In a word, this beats me.  I have never seen anything like it.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.