AdrianBrosz
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer HP Laserjet M26 can not print from RDP on Windows 2008 R2

HP LaserJet M26
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have a RDP connection to Win2008 R2 server from Windows 10 Professional workstation. There is HP LaserJet M26 connected to workstation, properly installed on server (communication with printer, properties, everything OK) using same driver on both sides (HP LaserJet Pro MFP M25-M27 PCLmS) but the printer does not print from RDP - no error messages, print task appears in queue, then dissappears, but nothing come out on printer. I've searched for error mesages in Event Viewer but found nothing regardig this situation.

Does Win2008 R2 support this printer driver?

4 REPLIES 4
AdrianBrosz
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anybody, anything?

0 Kudos
Sinedos
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have same problem, as AdrianBrosz wrote "no error messages, print task appears in queue, then dissappears, but nothing come out on printer" does anybody found solutions? 

Before install new computer it worked fine with same OS  but i dont know which driver i used i only know it was very hard to set up that it print from windows server 2008 via RDP. I think it was some universal driver 

Printer is install on PC with usb and uses hp laserjet pro mfp m25-27 PCLmS

OS Windows 10 1909

0 Kudos
AdrianBrosz
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The driver for HP M26 does not work on W2008/R2 (confirmed), regardless if this is a RDP connection or the printer is directly connected to server - it is rather impossible that it worked fine for you before 😉

I solved this by replacing the printer to another model.

0 Kudos
Sinedos
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your fast reply and advice, I Solved it with driver HP laserjet mono PCLmS Class, but after installation scanner didnť work, so i found in device manager HPscan and manualy looked for driver HP Laserjet pro mfp m25-m27 in PC.

Now I can print from W2K8 via rdp connection  

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation