Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Printer HP OfficeJet 4620

Printer HP Officejet 4620 is giving me an error 0xc19a0042

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Give this a shot:

Remove all the ink cartridges from the printer. 

Disconnect any network or USB cables.

Perform a Power Reset to eliminate a possible logic or power issue:
First, make sure the printer is plugged straight into a wall outlet and not a power strip, surge protector or UPS.
With the printer plugged in and powered ON, disconnect the power cord from the printer. This will hopefully dissipate any electricity stored in the printer that could be hindering it.
Wait at least 30, to preferably 60 seconds.
If there is a power switch, turn it to the OFF position.
Plug the power cable back into the printer.
Turn the printer ON with the power switch.

When the printer powers up and requests the ink cartridges, begin to install them one at a time and see how it responds to each one. Sometimes a bad ink cartridge can cause problems. Hopefully you can get them all installed and it works.

HP Recommended

I have done this many times before and it didn’t work.  I followed your instructions and continue with the same error message. What else can I do? Thank 

HP Recommended

When you removed the ink cartridges and power reset it, did it power up without the error before putting in the inks?

HP Recommended

No, until I placed the cartridge. I’m sure all have ink. 

HP Recommended

Let me get this straight...

When I asked, "did it power up without the error before putting in the inks?", you replied No. So it powered up with the error before you did anything with the inks. Right?

HP Recommended

No message came up after placing the ink

HP Recommended

So, if the error message only came up after putting the inks in, I'd say it's one or more of the inks that are causing the problem. Replace them all with new ones.

HP Recommended

But the cartridges still have ink.  Definitely I have to put new ones?

HP Recommended

I know they may still have ink, but I suspect one or more of them is defective and causing the error. Which one, I don't know. The only way to find out is to replace them all at once. Then, when it's up and working again, you can go back and put in the old ones, one at a time, until it fails. Then you'll know which one is at fault.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.