Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP 4350tn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok, so I have been printing to this printer in it present configuration for over a year. Today, when trying to print, I get the lovely "printer offline" notation. I have the printer connected via ethernet to a WIFI extender in the basement, as it has been for a long time. The extender is connected to the wifi, as I can surf the net thru the extender, as well as thru the primary wifi router. I have connected the ethernet cable straight to my computer, but I can not seem to find the printer unless I unplug the ethernet and connect via usb. Everything works fine thru the usb. What could be going wrong with my ethernet connectivity?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Network connection on the formatter could be bad. Are the network activity lights flashing on the network card of the printer? If not then I would try a cold reset on the printer. (check PM for instructions). If that does not work then you will likely need to either get a usb to network print server or install an HP Jet Direct card to replace the onboard network card.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Yes, the lights are green at the ethernet connection. I was leaning towards a new card, as well, as they are not expensive. I will try the cold reset tonight. Thanks 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.