Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I would like to thank HP for their planned obsolescence with their products. I have a perfectly good printer (Laser Jet CP1025nw) that will not work on a new MacBook Air...the HP fix...?...Purchase a new f'ing computer...Bull Bleep!!! How about a gift card for the new product???

[Personal Information Removed]

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Obsolescence, Welcome to HP Support Community!

You can install the best available HP print driver and software on your Mac using Apple Software Update.

To install the HP driver through Apple Software Update, create a new print queue on the Mac.

1. Click the Apple menu, then click System Preferences.

2. Depending on your operating system version, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.

Example of the Printers & Scanners window

3. Check if the name of your printer displays in the Printers list. Do one of the following steps, depending on if the printer is listed or not.

• If your printer is listed, remove and re-add the printer to confirm communication and to make sure the correct driver is used. Click the name of your printer, then click the minus sign  to delete the printer. Once the printer is removed, click the plus sign click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, then continue to the next step.

• If your printer is not listed, click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, then continue to the next step.

• If your printer is not listed in the Add Printer or Scanner window, make sure the printer is connected to the Mac with a USB cable, or that it is on the same wired or wireless network as your Mac.

4. Click the Use or Print Using menu, then select the name of your printer.

Select the name of your printer in the Use menu

5. Click Add to add the printer to the list.

6. Close the System Preferences window.

7. Try to print, scan, or fax, depending on your printer functionality.

Let me know the outcome.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Your solution was not a solution...I can print a diagnostic page but that's it...useless...

HP Recommended

@Obsolescence

Firstly, try updating the printer firmware from this link.

Then add the printer using AirPrint

1) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then click the minus button  at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

6.) Try to print.

Let me know how it goes! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi TEJ1602,

Yes, this time it works! have to add the printer as "Airprint".

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.