Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
p1102w
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I was in the middle of a printing job when the electricity went off. When it came back on paper was stuck in the printer which i removed. The printer will not respond now. I have tried to trouble shoot, uploaded driver software etc. the only message i get is that toner may be low. help me to get my printer restored.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sadly, I did not see the user guide posted on the product support page to help you with trouble shooting. I believe for your printer you can hold down the Cancel button for around 5 seconds to get it to print an internal test page. Have you tried that?

Many times, a power outage will cause your wireless router to reset, and the printer may grab a different IP address. Sometimes you can change that through the driver, but with macs I've often had the most success deleting and reading the printer. Finding out if your printer will run the internal test page is a great start.

Anything unusual about the lights on the printer? solid green or anything orange or blinking?

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Sadly, I did not see the user guide posted on the product support page to help you with trouble shooting. I believe for your printer you can hold down the Cancel button for around 5 seconds to get it to print an internal test page. Have you tried that?

Many times, a power outage will cause your wireless router to reset, and the printer may grab a different IP address. Sometimes you can change that through the driver, but with macs I've often had the most success deleting and reading the printer. Finding out if your printer will run the internal test page is a great start.

Anything unusual about the lights on the printer? solid green or anything orange or blinking?

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

Thanks for taking the time to respond! After about an hour I figured out the problem and am now back in business.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.