Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi Mat19 and any other users having printing problems after updating Windows 10.

I have been trying to troubleshoot and follow all support instruction to no avail. I reinstalled, reset and rebooted my router on top of it and had to delete and reinstalled my printer and followed instructions to install a manufacturer driver and still nothing. I was able to print from my phone and other pc except for my laptop which I do allot of work on. My printer was on, but when I print from my laptop, the printer queue showed an Error and said it was offline. Believe, it took me about four hours to troubleshoot and still nothing worked, until I saw the issue.

My printer was on the right Network but my laptop was on a different or default network from when it was updated to Windows 10. I setup a network so I can connect all my devices to use the same printer. So from the update it reset to a default Network. So my printing problem was solved once I updated the Network Sharing name. I didn't have to buy a new printer after all. I hope this will help some of you.  see steps below

• Go to Control Panel
  • Select Network and Internet
  • Select Network and Sharing Center - you can see the active networks and if its the wrong one you can change it by...
  • Select Change sharing options for different network profiles
  • Go through the Private, Guest or Public and All Networks to make sure the right boxes are turned On for each profile.
  • Save your options at the bottom and I would restart your computer after this and it should solve the printing issues.
  •  

Thank you for your time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.