Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro MFP M28W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I did the firmware update (ver 20200609) provided on HP website for my printer (HP Laserjet pro MFP M28W), with no issues during the process. At the end of the process, my printer was showing me a count going up to 60 and shut down.

Since, the printer doesn't connect anymore to my wifi, all leds are always off, even when the printer is on, and if I try to connect it to my computer using a USB cable, I got a hardware named "HPrbx-load" that appears but not recongized as a printer.

I tried to run again the firmware update but it doesn't sees the printer.

By the way, I tried to get help using the virtual agent, but it doesn't want to open a conversation with a technician because it tells me that my warranty expired on 26 Sept. 2019 which is wrong. I bough it on 29 Jan. 2019 (on amazon), with a two year manufacturer warranty, so it should still be under warranty.

Thanks by advance for your answer

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Artla

Welcome to the HP support community.

Looks like the firmware is corrupted

Perform a power reset

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Update the printer firmware again:-

Here are the steps:- Click here

You can validate the printer warranty by following these steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Try to re-send firmware through USB and you'll see program succeeding on the M28's LED screen if you can't see any then change the USB connected port from usb001 to 002,003,.... and press apply icon in the printer properties until you see program succeeding on the M28's LED screen.

If after all these been done and it still doesn't work then you need to replace the formatter(main board).

HP Recommended

Hi,

I tried the provided solution by following step by step your explanations without success. I tried to run the update again but my printer is still showing me "HPrbx-load" when connecting using a usb cable and all leds are still off.

I just did the warranty update, i'm waiting for validation.

Regards

HP Recommended

@Artla

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.\

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.