Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet M477
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My M477 was working fine on my Windows 10 system, and two days ago, it just disappeared from the system. We were using it as a networked printer wirelessly for about 6 months with no issues on this machine. The printer disappeared from the list of printers, and when I tried to reinstall it The system keeps telling me there are no drivers for the printer, or alternatively (when using HP Support software) that the printer cannot be found. The printer is working via iPad and another Win10 based system in the house as well as a visiting iPhone. Also, we are able to print off of Samsung phones. I have downloaded the latest drivers, and attempted a new install, but the program is telling me the printer cannot be found, and must be turned on. (It's on..)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If it's printing fine from another Windows 10 machine, then it would seem the problem is with your Windows 10 machine, not the printer.

Are you sure your Windows 10 machine hasn't connected itself to your neighbor's wireless network rather than your own?  Or that the firewall settings on your Windows 10 machine haven't changed?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If it's printing fine from another Windows 10 machine, then it would seem the problem is with your Windows 10 machine, not the printer.

Are you sure your Windows 10 machine hasn't connected itself to your neighbor's wireless network rather than your own?  Or that the firewall settings on your Windows 10 machine haven't changed?

HP Recommended

That seems like a good possibility, but I have checked for network issues on the PC. and it is connected to my home network. I just shut down my firewall software (which hasn't changed in over a year) and it saw the printer. Very Odd...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.