Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This problem started when I switched ISP's from Verizon Fios to Spectrum Commuinications. I also purchased a new Dell PC around that time.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@JimG1212

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand that the printer has an intermittent wireless connection.

Make sure the printer is connected to the 2.4GHz band.

Use this link: https://hp.care/2ID0k2y and follow the guided troubleshooting steps for the issue you are facing with the printer.

Then, assign a manual IP to the printer using the below steps.

1) Print a Network configuration page from the printer's control panel. 
2) Look for IP address from the Network configuration page. 
3) Open web browser - Chrome or IE or any other browser that you are using. 
4) Type the IP address mentioned on Network configuration page into the browser's address bar or URL bar and press enter button. 
5) Go to the Network tab. 
6) Click on Networking from the left pane. 
7) Then click on Network Address (IP). 
8) Click on Manual IP Address and go to suggest a Manual IP. 
9) Scroll down the screen and select Manual DNS server. 
10) Enter the Primary and secondary DNS server from the Network Configuration page into the Manual Preferred DNS server field. 
11) Click on Apply. 

Refer to the video link for step by step instructions - http://hp.care/2cqpl6p 
Note: The video is for win 8 but steps are similar for other operating systems as well. You need to enter the IP address in the browser's URL or the address bar to access the printer page.

Keep me posted, how it goes! However, I'll try and follow up in next 24 to 48 hours to doublecheck on the issue.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

When I follow the instructions below on how to apply the IP address & DNS server I keep getting an error message stating that invalid info was provided.

HP Recommended

@JimG1212

Thanks for the reply,

Do you have the IP address of the printer?

Touch the Wireless icon on the printer to get the IP address of the printer.

Then, assign a manual IP to the printer using the below steps.

1) Print a Network configuration page from the printer's control panel. 
2) Look for IP address from the Network configuration page. 
3) Open web browser - Chrome or IE or any other browser that you are using. 
4) Type the IP address mentioned on Network configuration page into the browser's address bar or URL bar and press enter button. 
5) Go to the Network tab. 
6) Click on Networking from the left pane. 
7) Then click on Network Address (IP). 
8) Click on Manual IP Address and go to suggest a Manual IP. 
9) Scroll down the screen and select Manual DNS server. 
10) Enter the Primary and secondary DNS server from the Network Configuration page into the Manual Preferred DNS server field. 
11) Click on Apply. 

Let me know if this helps you.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

i have followed the instructions below and was able to accomplish the task however this has not solved the problem. the printer was working fine but overnite it has lost wireless connectivity to my Computer/Network.

HP Recommended

@JimG1212

Thanks for the reply,

Appreciate your time and efforts.

Are you using a cordless phone or micro oven near the router?

Login to the router page and change the channel to 1 or 11.

Make sure if the wireless light is solid when the printer goes offline.

Then, let’s try to fix this issue by doing a clean install. 

Follow the steps mentioned below:

First, unplug the USB cable from the printer is present.
Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP ENVY printer entries and uninstall them.
Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.

Restart your computer.

Click the bottom-left Start button on the desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.
Once in device manager, click on the view tab in the top & choose “Show hidden devices”.

Then from the device manager list, check the entries under “Printer” – If there are any entries, please right click and choose “uninstall” – In the confirm device un-install pop-up, make sure you select the box which says “Delete the driver software for this device".
Also, check the entries under "printer queue" and "imaging devices" and repeat the same exercise. 
Delete any printer entry or any entry which says “Unknown device”.

Once done, close device-manger. 
Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
Again, go to Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
Once done you can try cleaning out your temporary files and cached files. 
You can try using automated applications like some cleaner software's that you can download from the internet.
Now restart your computer again.
Open the Run window again, type “services.msc” and press ok to get services window.
Scroll down to “Remote Procedure Call (RPC)” – right-click and go to properties. 
Make sure the service is started and startup type is “Automatic”.

Now scroll up and go to “Function Discovery Provider Host” – right-click and select properties – Change the startup type to “manual” and start the service.
Repeat the same exercise on “Function Discovery Resource Publication” as well.

Click on this link: https://hp.care/2JKlfSJ to download and install the software.

Let me know if this helps you.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Will I need to plug the Printer in in order to re-install it?

HP Recommended

@JimG1212

Thanks for the reply,

Yes! the printer needs to be turned on.

First, connect the printer to the network.

Once done install the software and follow the on-screen instruction.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I meant does it have to be plugged into the computer by a USB Cable or can it be re-installed Wirelessly?

HP Recommended

@JimG1212,

It looks like you were interacting with @Dvortex, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service. 

As I understand you seems to have a question regarding uninstalling and reinstalling the printer software. Don't worry I'm going to guide you with this.

It's always recommended to unplug the USB cable back from the printer, before uninstalling the printer software.

and you can install the printer using Wireless instead of USB.

If you are planning to use USB connection, then during the installation process, Connect the USB cable only when prompted and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.

If you are planning to use Wireless connection, then during the Installation process, In the connection type window, select “Wireless” and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the printer is still not found, “Select IP” on the installation screen and enter the IP address of the printer to try and install the machine.

Please follow the steps suggested in the previous post and get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting for further assistance. 

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.