Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer output prints on wrong media size

hp m451dn printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have spent two days trying to print A7 (5x7) envelopes on my color laserjet.  I have the correct paper size (5x7) installed and selected, but the output is not even close.  I get an error message regarding a conflict, but I don't know how to fix it.  Everything looks fine in the setup and on the screen.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 5
268 258 17 30
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Make sure you're setting the media type to Envelope and not paper on both the computer and printer as well as selecting the correct envelope size , feed the envelopes in short-edge first (follow the imprint guide on the tray), preferably using the bypass tray #1. Hope that helps. Otherwise I'll need more info as to what you're doing and the exact errors.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My media size was for an A7 envelope, 5.25x7.25, not listed.  Nor is an A9 envelope listed for selection.  These are two of the most common invitation sizes made.  I needed to make a custom setting, which I successfully produced on my screen.  I was unable to produce it elsewhere—it said “untitled”, and I could not rename it.  Thanks for your help.  

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation