Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M278-M281
macOS 10.15 Catalina

My printer prints a pink background instead of white, pink where whites or light pastels should be in colored areas of picture on page. It did this before updating to Catalina, so that isn't the problem. It does it from any program or App. The inks are all HP and are at the half full point.  Can anyone help? I am printing from a MAcBook Pro (BlueTooth)

JUst to add more interest.... This occurs from my MacBook Pro, but not from the office computer directly attached by usb, or  from my husband's MacBook Pro, also Bluetooth.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I would start by deleting and reinstalling the print driver on the device you are having issues with. If hubby's mac book pro is working as intended- see if you can tell what version of print driver he is using or whatever Mac Book Pro's use, and match those settings on your mac book pro. Deleting the print driver and reinstalling or looking for a different version on the product support page will probably resolve your issue. I don't have any experience with MBP's- apologies. I would probably check the printers firmware and update it if needed. You can find your current firmware version on the printers configuration page.

here's the product support page

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-color-laserjet-pro-m280-m281-multifunction-printer-series/14...

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.