Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SBennett71
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer printing slanted M203dw

I have a LaserJet Pro M203dw and I am printing warranties with a preprinted border on legal paper.  The problem is that it prints slightly slanted.  I have checked the measurements of the boarder to confirm that it is not off center.  It is perfect.  The guides appear to be snug around the paper, but I still have trouble with it being slanted.   Are the pickup's not pulling the paper evenly?

I have unplugged the printer and waited before plugging in again and it doesn't help.  Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,221 11,199 758 735
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SBennett71

It could be an issue with the pick up rollers. I suggest you update the printer firmware and check if the issue persists

You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
AlS77
Level 5
164 155 11 15
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does the  printer print slanted/skewed on any other paper, or just the pre-printed legal paper? Is it only at the top and bottom that the print is slanted, or does it also angle closer to the sides from the top to the bottom?

If it happens only on the pre-printed paper, have you tried feeding paper only one at a time? Have you checked and cleaned the pickup/feed rollers?

If it prints slanted on all the paper you try, only noticeable at the top and bottom of prints, but not along the edges, then it's most likely due to the laser assy. inside the printer is not square with the paper/printer internally. I've had a couple of customers with this problem and I simply went into where the laser unit is mounted inside the printer and adjusted the position of the laser assy. to be aligned straight to the paper/printer.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation