Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Pro MFP M148dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

HP 148dw prints normal from Win10-64 bit computer, but prints upside down (e.g., 180 degrees) from Win10-32 bit computer. Printer is connected via network.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @KenZook

Does the issue persist when you make a copy from the printer?

Have you tried printing from a different application does the issue persist?

Please try few steps recommended below.

It sounds like a driver issue uninstall the printer software from the root level on the PC and install the full feature printer software. (Windows Only)

In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

Select your HP printer.

Select Uninstall.

In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

Click on Drivers tab.

Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

Select OK.

Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

Close Devices and Printers.

Update the full feature printer software using this link. Click Here

Also, download and run print and scan doctor on your PC and check if it helps. (Windows Only)

Refer this article to know more information about using HP print and scan doctor.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, A4Apollo, for your response.

I'll keep this information in case it happens again. As it turned out, the next day I was able to use the 180 deg checkmark under the Finishing tab of the HP LaserJet Pro M148-M149 PCL-6 (V4) dialog both from the print dialog as well as from the Windows...Devices...Printers area and after unchecking the option in both places, it started working correctly. I had tried those options earlier and they didn't seem to make a difference, so I'm not sure if I missed something before, or if something else made it start working. But for now everything is great.

HP Recommended

@KenZook,

Sure and thanks for the update. If you have any queries, please write back to us we will try our best to help you out.

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.