Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp Officejet6700 premium
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Did my not using the on off button on the printer ruin my HP officejet 6700 premium? Is it fixable?  I already turned it off and on as suggested~about a dozen times.  I am on a very limited income , under 1,000 a month in California!  I had to move and become a room mate in order to make it.  I was getting my "office area" set up to take care of business and inadvertantly used the power switch instead of the on off switch on the printer.  I hope I can get it working again.  😞  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @Reneetru

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your printer. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

However, for me to be able to assist you better, I need to know the issue you are facing.

Are you getting any error on the printer?

If your printer not powering on?

If your printer is not powering On, please try the steps suggested in this HP Article

If you are getting any errors on the printer, please provide the error message so that I can assist you based on the error code. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @Reneetru

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your printer. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

However, for me to be able to assist you better, I need to know the issue you are facing.

Are you getting any error on the printer?

If your printer not powering on?

If your printer is not powering On, please try the steps suggested in this HP Article

If you are getting any errors on the printer, please provide the error message so that I can assist you based on the error code. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It is a miracle!!   My printer  works now. I know some will think this weird but I was desperate and after turning it on and off and testing it about 20 plus times I finally prayed that it would work. It did!  Haha!  

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved. Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.