Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 7640

Help - I have an ENVY 7640 Printer which has worked beautifully.  Today, like many days, I scanned a document which was to be sent to my email.  I scanned it several times (it said "successfully") but I never receive the scanned document in my email inbox (I hav received other emails today including a TEST from myself).  I have tried unplugging the printer and shut it down/reset and the problem continues.  I also removed my email as a destination choice and re-entered my email as a new User.  The printer then sent me a new 4-digit PIN to my email which I have not received.  I even asked the printer to reset that PIN and send me a new one and I have not received that one.   Finally, I went on line to my email provider to make sure the HP emails (scanned docs) weren't sitting in my web-based account and simply not showing in my computer. There were no HP scanned docs in my web-based inbox either.

Can someone give me so advice on what to do?  I would prefer not to have to set up "Scan to Computer" (my computer is an old Apple MacBook Pro) and would love to get the "Scan to Email" working like it did yesterday!

Thanks,

STS1

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@STS1

The test scan to email will automatically have your email address as recipient. Do you include your email address as recipient on other scan sessions ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, my correct email address shows up as it always has...the printer says it's sending the scan to my email, but no email arrives. This app worked perfectly a month ago.

HP Recommended

@banhien @kfrugebrown

Did you resolve this issue? Mine LITTERALLY started the same thing just yesterday. Every time I scan to email, it says it sent but I or anyone else included in the scan gets nothing. I'm not a tech so...installing codes or whatever is not an ooption for me. If this is something as a hard fix, I'll just trash it and go buy a $40 printer from walmart.

HP Recommended

I hear you—there’s no error message, everything looks fine, but the email never arrives. I’ve wasted hours waiting for the emails, scratching my head, trying again, asking questions, searching through forums...and you’re right, I should just cut my losses and get a new printer. It won’t be HP.

HP Recommended

Without a doubt! My printer scanner is actually a 6830 but same issue is same issue. Its done this "briefly" in the past but cleared up within a couple attempts to re scan. This time its telling me we need to break up. Sad...it WAS a good printer scanner and it wasnt cheap. Thanks HP. Good luck with yours my friend...maybe you'll find an answer to this mystery of machines!

HP Recommended

My printer has a similar problem and I might have found the solution.  The printer had been working fine last week but on Monday it would not send scans even though it still prints documents sent through the network.  I called IT and they said the problem was probably caused by a network update, either a security/firewall upgrade, changing operating system such as Windows 7 to Windows 10, etcetera.  I remembered that my company had notified us about maintenance which would close the network over the weekend, so I suspect this is the problem.  Is it possible someone has upgraded the email network before your printer stopped working?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.