Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (158 Views)

Printer says its successfully scanning to email but no email is ever received!

Product Name: HP ENVY 7640

Help - I have an ENVY 7640 Printer which has worked beautifully.  Today, like many days, I scanned a document which was to be sent to my email.  I scanned it several times (it said "successfully") but I never receive the scanned document in my email inbox (I hav received other emails today including a TEST from myself).  I have tried unplugging the printer and shut it down/reset and the problem continues.  I also removed my email as a destination choice and re-entered my email as a new User.  The printer then sent me a new 4-digit PIN to my email which I have not received.  I even asked the printer to reset that PIN and send me a new one and I have not received that one.   Finally, I went on line to my email provider to make sure the HP emails (scanned docs) weren't sitting in my web-based account and simply not showing in my computer. There were no HP scanned docs in my web-based inbox either.

Can someone give me so advice on what to do?  I would prefer not to have to set up "Scan to Computer" (my computer is an old Apple MacBook Pro) and would love to get the "Scan to Email" working like it did yesterday!

Thanks,

STS1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (136 Views)

Re: Printer says its successfully scanning to email but no email is ever received!

@STS1

The test scan to email will automatically have your email address as recipient. Do you include your email address as recipient on other scan sessions ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation